Thursday, February 19, 2009

My husband's mom died

I guess my title says it all. My husband's mother died in November 2008. It kind of sucks. The woman drove me batty w/ her over-worrying and stuff, but I know she meant well and she loved my kids and me immensely. She did everything she could for us.

She had a heart attack on Tuesday, November 18, 2008. The night of my daughter's first talk. Her first opportunity, at 7 yrs old, to give a bible-based presentation in front of the entire congregation. She did beautifully, too. I was up there w/ her & our friend Jill. It went so well.

But my mind and my husband's mind were both on his dad, his brother, and his mom.

After our daughter's part, we left for the hospital. We told the kids as we were leaving so they weren't taken by surprise.

She had a heart attack that evening, fell into a coma, and never came out of it. Eleven days later she took her last breath w/ my brother-in-law and father-in-law present. My husband and I were finishing an early lunch when we got the call.

The funeral was December 3, 2008, a Wednesday. Our kids were excused from school for the week. We spent it cleaning up the house and organizing for my father-in-law. We've gone back a few times and really enjoyed the congregation. They have been so supportive and helpful. We can't thank them enough.

I guess we've all managed ok. It just feels strange. I'm sad for my kids. They were close with their Memaw. The baby won't remember her. I'm glad to have 2 pictures of her holding him.

No comments: